We decided to use the leftover siding to cover a couple of walls of the shed. We didn’t have enough for the side facing the hill or the back but the parts that are visible from the house and the street look a lot better!
I also got started on the stain. It’s a little darker than we wanted but it looks really good:
This is the last of my home-buying posts. There’s not much left in the way of home projects from the initial purchase flurry of projects; there’s a little trim left to be done but that will all probably wait for winter. Everything else that we’d like to do is just that, something we’d like to do but not necessarily something we need to do.